Friday 8 June 2012

No square shall enter in the circle of winners

Curren$y would no doubt probably be one of my favourite artists if I smoked weed or something simply because the production he has on his songs and his flow and rhymes just is so amazing, laid back and is so chilled but as it stands I don't smoke weed but I still love Curren$y and his flow.

I don't remember the first time I heard him, I suppose it might have been Grown Man by Lil' Wayne featuring him but I didn't really pay much attention, even had Scared Of Monsters on my iPod for a long time and I still didn't think anything of him.

I don't remember why or how but I just had a copy of Pilot Talk I and II on my iPod and I listened to it and oh my goodness shit just was never the same again. Audio Dope II was just that, you had such memorable hooks in songs like King Kong, Michael Knight (who HASN'T tried to do the bit at the end of that one), great verses in songs like The Day. Basically put, both Pilot Talk are one of my favourite albums to listen to.

Enter The Stoned Immaculate, his first studio album (according to certain sites even though that's just completely wrong). His previous albums Covert Coup, Muscle Car Chronicles and Weekend and Bernie's I have to say that as a whole I wasn't really feeling it myself but maybe I wasn't really listening to them in the right frame of mind and when you listen to an artist for so long you start to get sick of them (Lil' Wayne anyone?) so I really didn't have any expectations for The Stoned Immaculate but from the start I was hooked to the brilliantly produced songs and the lyrics and flow of this album.

It's just an album that I can just float along to, it just sorts of takes you and doesn't let go until that last song has stopped. The first half of the album for me was better but overall it's a very solid effort from Curren$y that I has replay value and I will gladly be playing this album for some time.

Yeahh...SPITTA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment