Wednesday 27 June 2012

Haven’t we been here before? Alternative title: Same shit, different toilet of a tournament

England out, oh deary me, and on penalties too. What a shame and the same topics come up in discussion as the last time they were out of a major tournament.

Do I feel bad at this? No. Just no. Italy deserved to go through and the only reason I'd've ever wanted to see England go through to the final is so that the training scheduled on the exact same time as the match would have to be cancelled but it doesn't matter now does it, they are out =D

I was watching the match at the…boozer and I was talking to someone…(memo to self, must make an attempt to actually learn the names of my temporary workmates) and they mentioned about how when it comes to England football games, the culture is one that you see on documentaries and programmes which at first you think that it can’t be true and it’s merely an exaggeration but you know something? It’s not.

The hooliganism and the exact character of the people there is spot on. Despite living in these times, the ignorance and racism that prevails in this society is shameful. I…lost count of the times when they’d say something or generally behave in a way that made me think…

Thats Racist

…and then proceed to shake my head in disgust. He also mentioned that regardless of whether there was a black man in that little collective, they can often be the worst ones and it’s just sad really. It doesn’t get any better out in the countryside seeing as it wouldn’t be very multi-cultural there and thus the ignorance remains.

So anyhoo, all that remains in this tournament are Spain, Portugal, Germany and Italy. I'm going to say Spain will win the whole thing much to my chagrin but I'd really want Portugal to win it out of those four.

I suppose I would not mind Italy winning the thing but if they came up against Spain again I’ve no doubt that Spain would tear them to shreds so I root for Germany as they seem to be the only team able to stop the Spaniards should Portugal fail to do so (they will) but I suppose my desired final would be a Portugal vs Germany but a hard fought victory for Portugal and an entertaining match that I WILL MISS BECAUSE OF SOME STUPIDLY ORGANISED TRAINING THAT MEANS EVERYONE WILL MISS IT BUT GAH, I’M SO FUCKING ANNOYED AT THAT. No seriously, if I miss the European Cup final then all hell will break loose. I’ve enough pent up aggression…

No comments:

Post a Comment