Monday 1 August 2011

IN 3D!!!!!!!

The 3DS is getting a price drop? Just as I thought.

When I first heard about the 3DS I was…skeptical, the 3D gimmick was one that I’ve never really understood and didn’t like all that much but that’s okay because you don’t have to play your games in 3D, in fact none of the games require you to do so. That was pretty much the only noise I heard from the advertising, that in now plays games IN 3D!!!! (Also you don’t need glasses)

Yes there is biggest processing power and the hardware has improved so it isn’t just an update but you’d hardly know that would you just from watching these obviously paid actors perfectly normal citizens gushing about how amazing the 3D is. Not just that but there’s obviously going to be a 3DS lite of some kind despite what PR men at Nintendo might say so I’m better served waiting for that incarnation of the handheld as it benefits me in more than than one way, yes the games.

Of course the thing that’s going to convince me to buy any game system is the actual games for it, so I took one look at the launch games of the 3DS aaaaand suffice to say I was disappointed. Even the upcoming games weren’t that impressive and that any games I may have been interested in weren’t likely to be released not for a long time yet so I guess there’s not really much point of me getting a 3DS yet

Hopefully the game library will pick up and just like the original DS it’ll have a good game library by the time I choose to purchase one but until then I’m just shaking my head at  how disastrous the whole 3DS thing has been handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment