Saturday 6 August 2011

Flyer than the rest of them, still got my Niké boots

Oooh optimism, you are one funny thing, so easy it is to gain you just as quick as it is to lose you. Pre season training has arrived and this is it, the start of what hopes to be a promising season…promising for who? Ahhhh well you see that depends on exactly what happens between now and the date of the first pre season training session.

So basically put, I’ve put on weight, no pulling punches about it and it doesn't bother me because honestly I really didn’t think I’d be able to get back into football as a combination of playing with an injury and lack of motivation meant there was nothing to aspire for.

So has that changed now? Hmmmm somewhat…hmm. Yeah it has, I’m thinking to just get back into shape simply because my game plan when playing football is not about power and is more about being agile and using trickery to turn the tides into my team’s favour. I haven’t really set any goals yet and you know something? I think I might just do that right now.
Teams can play as good and as bad as they want but the simply undeniable fact is that goals wins games.
Basically I need to set myself a target of goals seeing as last year (which I don’t really count due to injury) I scored…what 4 goals or something? Barely any assists and that is just a disgrace.

So this year I aim to get hmmm let’s say…see I’ve got to think, where exactly is it that I will be playing because defensively I’m pretty much done so it’s all about the offense baby! Ahem…yeah I’m only up for playing as Attacking midfielder/Striker so that being said I’d say 10 wouldn’t be such a bad choice for a target, 15 if I’m pushing it but I honestly don’t know what the situation will be like when we return.

Assists? Well, the same thing as above applies so 10 assists should be a reasonable target for me to reach.
Getting back into shape, now I’m thinking this is a must especially as my game plan relies on it…sooooo that’s a must, I shall need to keep up my fitness throughout the whole season and that means NO QUITTING OR GETTING LAX…ahh who am I kidding, we all know it;s going to happen sooner or later, my only hope is that it happens waaaay waaaaay later.

Okay so I think I have everything, now all I need is to actually do this and that’ll mean that I go out in style and with a bang.

Look out world, Jason is coming for you

No comments:

Post a Comment