Monday 15 August 2011

…Still got my Nike boots

So here I was twenty minutes early with others who had arrived early as well, heart beating, sweat and just plain nervous about this but then again why wouldn't I be? I did think why am I nervous, I should be fine with this, I'm pretty sure things won't go bad, how can they? Yet I remain anxious about it all but at the same time, very excited.

After the introduction and them telling us the things they have planned on this induction period I can say I'm pretty hyped for all this, still nervous but I think the activities they have planned should settle me down some.

I think about it and I'm glad that I got turned down for other jobs because I wouldn't have ended up here, I still find it unbelievable that I beat 25,000 other applicants to get to this point and I still reflect at times on why exactly do they like me and why do they think I'm the best person for this job. I know I was confident in the presentation but really in the back of the mind I worry I'll be out of my depth but I calm myself again by thinking that I think this every single time and that there's no basis for me to truly believe this but here I am.

So with all the excitement and eagerness buzzing around I just need to step back and realise that this is a step to better things and that while I work here (hopefully for years to come) I will learn and become a better person and from what I can tell on the first day, I'm surrounded by good people which can only be a good thing.

Another thing I notice is that a lot of these people are the completion of everything that I didn't finish, I had an interest in dance, there's someone was a dance teacher, I had an interest in basketball, there's someone who plays high level basketball, I had an interest in writing and th- you get the picture.

“So name something interesting about yourself.”

Ohhh boy, I hate that because I can never think of anything interesting even though that maybe there are things that others would find interesting but for me, I find it nothing to be excited about and then I end up giving the most boring aspect of me. But I don't stress as it'll come with time that things will be found out about me, maybe interesting things but for now I'm just chilled and taking in my surroundings.

So after the morning and rota's and everything it was time for the afternoon session and more lectures but it wasn't the boring kind as it was quite engaging and interesting.

Then of course we had a group task which me and my team won so I'm pleased at that because I genuinely don't lose on tasks like this though I was disappointed with second place on the clap, knee, stamp task but you can't win them all. Ah well

So I'm prepared for tomorrow and whatever it brings but it never ceases to amaze me the fact that I'm here.

Also, LeBron James! That's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment