Tuesday 16 August 2011

Shame there’s a lack of 999 Watches


If you are reading this then first things first. Stop reading this and go play 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Do it, I mean it. Play it. These sort of games need a chance to have exposure and commercial success.

Okay now to the actual post:

So what is on my mind today, music and 999. Though I may as well get these thoughts out before I lose them forever to the next game I decide to play...okay maybe not forever but anyways, 999 is a brilliant game, that's all you need to know about it.

I played this on the recommendation of Foxx and well, I've never looked back. 999 is a visual novel not unlike Ace Attorney (which I may play next) and has a deeply engrossing story and puzzles that are clever and simply amazing. It's a game that requires multiple playthroughs however it is actually done brilliantly and it makes sense to play it again and again, to pick up clues and to get the full story.

You basically start off as Junpei, a 21 year old boy who one day is kidnapped and awakes in a locked room on a sinking ship steadying filling up with water and he must use the items in the room and his wits to escape. Of course, once he does he learns that he is now involved in what is called the Nonary Game, a game of life and death where he only has 9 hours to escape the ship or die a horrible death.

Whether this description of the game sounds interesting or not is irrelevant as you should want to play it and if you don't want to play it then you should feel bad as this is a good game.

In fact, go out and buy it now and thank me later

So now I have finished another game and the question really is, what do I play next as it's not as if there's a shortage of options here but it really does depend on what I feel like playing. I do need to finish Blaze Black and I was thinking of doing some maps on Advance Wars Day Of Ruin but that face keeps propelling me to play Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Fire Emblem is the other game on my CycloDS at the moment.

The most likely one is probably Final Fantasy but now it's really a matter of getting round to playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment