Monday 22 November 2010

Slip ups

And so a weekend comes and goes with Arsenal squandering a two-nil lead at home no less which was really disappointing. I suppose the defeat means the Premier League is more open especially with Chelsea also losing and the top positioned teams only being a few points away from each other but the thing is, for me it’s only exciting if this was in February or something. I personally would rather not a Man United or a Chelsea title (again) and would at least like to see Arsenal win the thing and if not Arsenal then someone else, I wouldn’t even mind seeing Tottenham win it if only for a bit of variety.

The thing is I wasn’t even that they lost to their rivals that makes it so disappointing it was just the fact that the never seem to take advantage of slip ups of their rivals and during the latter end of the season they are usually trailing the leaders and just fizzle out and have a pretty underwhelming end to the season.

Anyway the winter schedule now so this will be an important test for them to see if they can complete and be genuine title challengers. Manchester City I am hoping finishes in a Champions League spot, again for a bit of variety in the top of the table and Champions League spots. The problem with the league is that for the majority of the times it is quite predictable, sure things may change a bit but you can sort of tell exactly who is going to finish where at the end of the season.

As for my life, this week I’m hoping things swing in my direction and that fate blows me a favour or something. I could do with a little boost especially in the winter where I feel that times are going to be hard ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment