Wednesday 17 November 2010

It's all about the presents

Christmas. The time of sharing and togethern- blah blah blah. Now, presents, the question that is sometimes asked is 'What do you get the man who has everything?' Good question and sometimes I can really feel like that person. No, not because I have everything but because well, I can convince myself that I don't really need whatever if someone were to ask me what do I want as a present. I would like a lot of things that I see in shops really, I've seen new games and thought I wouldn't mind that and then while I'm thinking that I immediately convince myself that I don't need it. It's worked well for me throughout the years really especially when it came to games consoles, I got my PS2 late as I convinced myself I didn't need it and then got a Gamecube as it was much cheaper at the time and had many a good time with that. Then the PS2 got really cheap and that's when I decided to get in on it and it saved me a lot of money, plus I didn't really miss out on the games on the PS2 as I simply just played on Lee's one. Come the next generation and I did exactly the same thing with the Wii and I was originally going to purchase a Playstation but I decided to get a 360 and it was worth it. Right after I was doing with the Wii (still have it though).

Anyway, not just games consoles but with things such as mobile phones, I do not need to upgrade my phone every month even if there's a 'better' version of it or whatever, nor am I in need of the latest must have phone like the iPhone or whatnot, I'm happy with the phone that I have and will be for a long long time, the only reason I got it was because my previous Nokia phone was actually just unusable so a new phone was needed.

So when I'm asked what do I want for Christmas? Seriously, I could list about a million things I'd want and be interested in...whether I need it though is a different matter.

It doesn't help matters that if I do have to choose, I find it very hard to pick one above another, one that I want more than the others, no favourites and all that and then no doubt I'll end up disappointed, but not because of the gift but because I'll spend my time thinking 'should I have chosen something else instead?'

So when Emily asks me what do I want for Christmas, I really many ideas and have no ideas at the same time. Ohh what to choose, what to choooooose?

Decision time...

No comments:

Post a Comment