Thursday 18 November 2010

Delays and some more delays

A major setback to my return to sport occurred yesterday. Frustrated with the lack of information regarding my status on the waiting list for keyhole surgery on my knee I called up the Royal Free Hospital in order to gain more information and for my efforts I was rewarded with the information that I hadn’t even been put on the waiting list yet. So the last few months, complete waste, an absolute complete waste. I should have been on it since August 16th but nope, I have not so now they’ll call me back after looking at my details to see what is going to be done but I don’t really have that much faith that they’ll even call me back to be honest, either way I’ll leave it until Monday to do something about it.

Speaking of which, was it my fault? Should I have checked or something? Maybe I shouldn’t of had that much faith it the system because at the end of the day the system is massive let-down. But what could I do? I was told after seeing a doctor about it that they’ll add me onto it and I should hear from them within that timeframe. I even gave them a week or two just in case it was delayed or something but enough was enough and this quite frankly was a kick in the balls.

I had hoped to be back in football around December, January at the very latest but it seems I might have to start all over again with the waiting and even then I don’t really have a clue when I can be back and what sucks the most about it is that, it’s the only thing I can really do, the thing that I enjoy and without that…I don’t know. I even put on weight, I attribute that to lack of football and even then if I wasn’t doing football I would just go for a morning run most days to keep in shape but I can even do that because the pressure it puts on my knee so I’d like to thank the NHS really but I don’t want to be too critical especially in matters where I might not have the full story but this has sort of been hell. I miss football. I miss having a football at my feet. I miss going to training to work on becoming a better player. I miss getting up 9-10 in the morning on a cold and windy Saturday in order to travel on trains and buses in order to play a game of football. I miss coming back home all sweaty and tired but satisfied because no matter what match it was I tried hard and felt it was worth it. I miss thinking about the match I had and thinking on what I could have done better and everything. I miss having that routine.

I can’t help but think things actively conspire against me at times but I hope things resolve for the better for me soon. I don’t want to fall that far from grace just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment