Monday 22 March 2010

The Wee Kend


Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master! We Willnae be fooled again!
Ah I loved this book and I’m starting to be drawn in by the Discworld novels and I really like how I can take the message from a book and kind of apply it to real life. To me this makes it more than just a book.
Oh and the accents of the pictsies (not pixies), I loved it. Maybe I’m just a sucker for different accents but yeah I could just imagine them speaking in that way.

When I was reading through the book I was waiting for Death to make an appearance but as the story went on I was surprised to see that he didn’t turn up at all in the book but I later found out that Death doesn’t appear in this book which disappoint me because Death appears in every single Discworld novel (except this one).

Saturday

So yes my lovely weekend, well on Saturday I met up with Emily and Megan in London as they were going to see a 50 Cent concert at the Wembley Arena started of with meeting them in Paddington and then deciding what to do, what to dooooo.

See the thing I hate about London is that it has so many exciting things to do there but it costs a fortune just to do anything. So we settled on going to the cinema but as we weren’t sure what would be on we decided to go have a look at what was going to be showing.

We headed to the O2 Center in Finchley Road to the VUE cinemas and after being amazed by a screen in the floor with adverts and other things playing it was decided that the films were playing waaaay too late for it to be practical to go and watch one so we settled for a spot of luncheon at Wetherspoons.

After settling down and talking for a while ordering and waiting for our food and Emily commenting on how muscly the rugby guys playing on TV were (Wales vs Italy) we got our food and we just chilled for a while. I enjoyed being there and the atmosphere was just one that I’d prefer to be around the majority of the time. After not deciding where not to go now (hehehe), we headed of just generally in the direction of London Zoo, I wasn’t going to really tell them but I was planning on buying tickets for all three of us when we got there but after taking a nice stroll through Regent’s Park which the walking went on for a bit too long (sorry), I felt that we didn’t feel like walking a bit more inside London Zoo and just wanted to sit down so we found a bench and sat while watching joggers and people go by.

We then walked and talked and joked all the way to Baker Street (yes more walking) and decided to get a ice creams, milkshakes and drinks but since McDonalds had ran out of it…we went to KFC next door, not before they watched me eat an apple pie which wouldn’t have been so bad if the inside wasn’t so hot and runny and just making it difficult to eat.

Our last last journey took us to Wembley Arena where where the concert was being held, said our goodbyes then headed home.

Sunday

A match versus Barnet. Oh boy, I arrived there slightly late due to lines being closed and all and prepared myself to just have fun and do what I can, as I do for all matches. Especially as I’m done with football after this season so I might as well go all out.

I’m told I will be playing right midfield which brings back memories of when I used to play there, but I wouldn’t be sticking there for the whole match as me and Aeron would be switching from time to time and I think it worked as their full backs didn’t really stop us.

During the first half I felt quite exhausted because of the hard pitch and the sun but I just carried on. Personally I feel that I drifted inside quite a bit and that sometimes I didn’t get the control I would have liked on some of the balls but yeah. After we went one nil up I managed to pounce onto pass gone wrong by their defenders and got myself into the box. I wanted to go for a shot but where I wanted to go I found myself blocked so I laid it of for Johnny to put in the back of the net to make it 2-0.

The second half I felt much better as I was getting wider, closer to the touchlines to stretch their defence and a fair bit of long balls were played to me and I’m actually quite proud of my ability to control the balls like that but disappointed in that one long ball played to me in a good position resulted in the keeper pulling off a very good save to deny my left footed strike.

We eventually won the match (I forget the scoreline) but I was so exhausted that I needed to sleep so I left to catch up on some sleep.

…and now it’s Monday and urgh…

No comments:

Post a Comment