Wednesday 31 March 2010

March 2010 roundup

So I begun March with an argument over animal fur and losing a friend, though I’d be hard pressed to consider a person that considers me a murderer for simply not taking her side a friend so yeah, great way to start of the month.

After that I finished Making Money…that’s the book and not counterfeit money. Took me 4 weeks but it was worth it as I consider this to be one of my favourite book of the moment…well until the next one that is. The reason it took me that long to read it was mainly because I usually had other things going on that I never really had the chance to sit down and just read and anytime I did I’d spend it doing something such as listening to music or surfing the internet, so I had to take the book with me for long journeys so I could read them on the trains and whittle away at it.

I also went to my girlfriend’s house and had an excellent time there. We first started off with watching The Lovely Bones in the cinema and we also watched Coraline the same day we just walked around Millet’s and just talked.

But this kind of talk felt really different to me, it was the kind where we just felt really happy with each other and content and talked about the future and other things and quite simply it felt…real and as Emily put it “Like we were a married couple”. I really enjoy seeing her whenever I can because I like the way she makes me feel inside whenever she does something and I especially like how we can talk about anything and that for me is a good solid structure for a relationship and I see us being able to get through anything if we just talk it out and listen to each other.

Anyway this was also the month for anime as I managed to watch Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Death Note all at various points this month…well the first 4 episodes and per disc via Lovefilm. There would have been an extra one but one of the discs they sent (Speed Grapher) just didn’t work so I had to send it back and miss out on that.

Death Note is the one that really surprised me with my enjoyment of it. It is about a student called Light who finds a note book lying around and then discovers the book to be a ‘Death Note’ where he can write down the name of anyone and within a time limit (and unless stated otherwise) will die of a heart attack.

Light proceeds to kill off criminals in the vision of a world of good where is the god, unfortunately his methods attracts attention from the world leaders and the attention of L who is a mysterious detective with a 100% success rate on every case he’s ever worked on. So it leads to a race for each Light and L to learn of each other’s identity so they can administer justice as they both believe that what the other is doing is wrong.

It got me thinking about what I’d do if I came across a Death Note and that is something I might write about another time, anyhoo back to the roundup.

I also read No Time For Goodbye, The Wee Free Men and The General and started Going Postal, the prequel to Making Money this month but I feel that I could have read a lot more books in this time so I’ll be sure to do just that for the next month.

Of course, things aren’t always perfect and you learn that things you did in the past has certain repercussions and a moment of madness (probably due to the lack of sleep) meant I had to pay a fine in which I have no way of paying in bulk, however what is the purpose of having a telephone enquires system if nobody picks up on the other line.

To round up March I’d have to say it has been really good what with all the times I’ve seen Emily and been with her and the books and DVDs I’ve watched and one of the negative things about it is how this fine looms in the air and stresses me out but for the past few days I have not worried about it at all. Mainly because if I can’t even get into contact with them about it, I really don’t know what they want me to do about it so yeah, may as well not stress out about it because I don’t like stressing about things because it rubs off on Emily and I really don’t want her stressed out about my problems but some things cannot be helped.

Ah well, bring on April.

No comments:

Post a Comment