Friday 26 April 2013

King Lawliet

Introducing King Lawliet

Anime and manga is also something that interests me greatly, again a lot of this is probably due to the fact that I watched a fair few as a child, you know the regular ones like Pokémon...oh Pokémon, still love it to bits now, probably the games more than the actual show or anything but still.

Then you had your Dragonball Z which was huge, I think everybody must have watched that at some point. Goku was probably the most popular character but since I tend to have an aversion to main characters he was anything but that to myself. Oh noo no noooo, my favourite back then was Trunks or to be more accurate Future Trunks, guy had a badass sword when he entered the scene and pretty much took down Frieza in one go, something that Goku and the prince of Saiyans Vegeta himself couldn't do, speaking of Vegeta now I'd probably say he is my favourite now, maybe I'll go into more later but moving on.

There was also Yu-Gi-Oh! the game with the most complex rules in mankind, at times I must have wondered if they were making this up as they go along but who cared as the show was still awesome with the characters being a decent bunch but made even more awesome by Yu-Gi-Oh! abridged. Anyone who has ever seen the abridged series will know exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about the Brooklyn raaaaage! It really is advisable to watch it if you ever been a fan of the main show as it's super special awesome.

There was a bunch of other anime I watched such as Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing was also on Toonami but I don't think I particularly watched that. But I never really considered it a thing

I wanted to watch more anime and read more manga last year and I think I was at my local library and I noticed they had an anime section and I saw Dragonball Z there and I thought no that's cool but what really caught my eye what which saga it was as I had seen all of the episodes except the majority of the Majin Buu saga so here I was in the library standing in front of a book that was about to give me some closure as to how it all ended when I decided to make use of my membership and borrow and read each volume.

After being satisfied I decided to see what else they had and the next thing that catches my eye was Death Note, of course I knew nothing about it but I borrowed the first 3 volumes of it and OH MY GOSH the psychological battles between L and Light were nothing short of immense! Loved it to bits that I actually went and bought the entire collection and I've not looked back on that ever since.

The premise is pretty simple if you're wondering what it's about, basically there is a notebook with the rule that if you write a person's name in it, they will die and a very idealistic boy called Light gets his hands on the notebook and it just goes from there.

From Death Note I was also recommended another series to watch/read which was Fullmetal Alchemist (the Brotherhood anime) and then I just pretty much got serious and kept trying out new manga and anime wherever I could.

Fullmetal Alchemist is probably my favourite manga series and the anime is pretty good as well, greatly enjoyed it from start to finish and part of my King Lawliet username is taken from Fuhrer King Bradley, the other is taken from Death Note obviously

It was last year though I went to my first expo on the advice of Deano, the MCM expo in the Excel centre and good grief the things my eyes were opened to there colourful and loud displays there, the shared interests of the people there, it truly was an amazing experience. I look forward to going again this May and October hoping with more people so they too can share my experience there.

So that's the first entry of my King Lawliet series and you can probably no doubt guess what it'll be about, I'll update this from time to time especially when I'm starting out and finishing new series, anyway until next time King Lawliet out.

No comments:

Post a Comment