Friday 26 April 2013

The Silver Assassin

Introducing the Silver Assassin

So welcome to the first episode of my Silver Assassin series where the topic is pretty much about videogames

First, a little background, because you never forget your very first I'll start with that, my very first console would have been the Sega Mega Drive and my very first game would have been Kid Chameleon and oh how I loved that game, I used to play on it for ages and I never did actually finish the game properly when I was younger as it was quite difficult, plus the game was like a multi path platformer game meaning that there were different routes you could go which meant you'd get different levels and it would just all be branching off in different directions. If you've ever played the game you'll know the feeling of trying the remember which path it was that DIDN'T lead to...Bloody Swamp...Many a game has been ended on that very level.
Anyway, I had plenty of other games such as Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles, Fifa 97 (yep, the one with the indoor 5-a-side, how Electronic Arts has not brought that back yet in the newer ones I'll never know), Street Racer, Revenge of the Shinobi, Streets of Rage I and II and many many more.
Also alongside that I had the original Gameboy which I enjoyed the likes of Kirby's Dream Land, Tetris, Super Mario Land, the first one and the Six Golden coins sequel, Pokémon Blue (because I wanted to be different as everyone else got Red which is fine as I preferred my Vulpix and Bellsprout over Growlithe and Oddish)
Anyway after the Mega drive it was the PS1 which the list of games is numerous that I'm not going to go through it all but what I will say is the times I had playing all sorts on there were amazing. I remember saving up to get Final Fantasy 7 because I had been reading about it in magazines and to this day along with Final Fantasy IX it is probably one of my favourite games of all time
Another fond memory I have is my dad asking me what game I wanted and at the time I really really wanted both Crash bandicoot 3 and Die hard Trilogy but of course I told him to get me either Crash Bandicoot 3 and if that wasn't available (seeing as it was sold out in a lot of shops near me) to get Die Hard Trilogy and then later on that day I was surprised when he came home with both of them, one of my fondest memories.
So moving on, when the next generation of consoles came out I opted to go for the GameCube seeing as I was a huge fan of Nintendo from the game boy, game boy advance and throughout that whole handheld stage but I had never owned a Nintendo console...yes yes I know, I missed out on the likes of Goldeneye, Super Mario World and Zelda games but ah well.
So I had gotten the GameCube as it was the cheapest of the lot between the PlayStation 2 and Xbox and I was in school at the time so money didn't come easily at that time. There were a bunch of fun games I played the obvious being Super smash brothers melee which playing at school with a group of friends made for very intense battles especially when we had a loser passes the pad rule and we just wanted to stay on. The same applied to Mario Kart Double Dash (which by the way would be my first Mario Kart), oh the times we got angry because of a blue shell or getting hit by lightning when making a jump it was hilarious though.
I did move on and sell the GameCube to get a PS2 when it was at a more affordable price though, no need to really go through what was played then especially with sooo many great games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Pro Evolution Soccer and just the old classics really.
As for this generation I started off with the Nintendo Wii for one reason and one reason only, Super Smash Brawl and it's most likely going to be the reason why I'll get the Wii U, I love that game, another of my all-time favourites. I'll concede that Melee was the better game and to be fair it probably was but the fan service and things to collect in Brawl was ridiculous, I got soo much enjoyment out of this game.
Also played Mario Kart in the wait for Brawl as that got delayed and plenty of others like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Zack and Wiki that was quite fun, surprisingly I never played Super Mario Galaxy but I hope to rectify that sooner or later
I still have the Wii but that's kind of gathering dust, maybe when I have a lot more time on my hands I'll play all the gems on it especially as they'll be at a decent price.
I also have a PS3 but I don't touch that either really, I've actually only played Fifa on it and that was pretty much the reason I got it, to play Matt on it and to prove that I was the king. It...err...didn't work as well as I originally wanted but I think I got my point across.
I also have Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid the Fourth but they still have been unopened, I'll get round to it at some point. The console I play the most would be the Xbox 360, gamertag is Samba Magician feel free to add me if you would like. I originally wanted Silver Assassin as that's what I use for anything video game related but alas...it was in use so I had to settle for my football moniker.
I am loving my Xbox, I got it because of Left 4 Dead And Fifa 09 and they have entertained me for many an hour, the Xbox is the console that I play the most these days and I've built up quite the library of games, before in the Ps1 era I sell some games to buy other games and then from time to time I'd want to play one of the games I've sold but I couldn't. Mikey you know the exact situation I'm talking about.
Though I refuse to buy a game twice as I may as well have kept the first time rather than paying for it twice albeit at a reduced price later on
Right now it's the Xbox I'm currently playing the most especially trying to boost your achievements. I liked achievements I'm someone who reason play the hell of a game, saturate everything I can from it before moving on then that way I don't have to come back to it. That's why I like achievements as a lot of the times there's a definite answer to it.
Anyway I've rambled long enough for an introduction, pretty much I'm enjoying the whole video game scene now as there are many great games I've played and want to play. Time is scarce these days but I still try and make time for my favourite hobby.

This is the Silver Assassin signing out, over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment