Saturday 4 May 2013

Time To Make It 2 Out Of 3

The journey to Milton Keynes for the English Deaf Football final against Birmingham was tiring...but it was worth it, question, why was it worth it? Answer: Because of this. Yes ladies and gentlemen the Samba Magician is now a two time back to back EDF Champion. And this comes a week after getting this runners up medal after being beat 7-0 in that final but let's reflect on the positive stuff

I like to think that feeling extremely hyped up for the match and woooo, that was crazy, I like to think that that contributed to that first 45 minutes where myself and the rest of the team went in hard.

I'm not going to lie but I knew we were winning this from the get-go, we had played this team before and it wasn't going to be much different asides us wanting to get the job done in 90 minutes rather than let it drag on like we did last time we face. Of course the early goal would be crucial to this and boy did I deliver...a simple lofted through ball from yours truly split open the defence and was played into the path of Dayo who well, umm one on one with the keeper? Yeah he scored. 1-0

So here we were firmly in control, shutting them down from defence, playing some beautiful football with some sublime passing, Ali connected with one of my corners and almost scored, Phil kept whipping in some daaaaangerous corners himself inside that box, how we never scored from one of them I'll never know.

Both of the wings saw action as previously in our matches it was very lopsided as to how we conducted our attack. Everything about that first half just seemed perfect and of course yours truly enjoyed slithering like a snake through the tightest of spots and hassling their defence.

But that was the first half, the second wasn't quite so stellar, we uh....heh, we were still in control a lot of the times but we reaaaally could have done without letting them get back into it...Twice. We were exposed by playing a high line at that point and a throug ball was played to Ben who then utilised his pace and no-one could catch up and he made no mistake from there.

We restored our lead by Duncan Stevenson who received the ball on the right wing as he had gone up because we had a freekick so he was in the general vicinity at the time and after the freekick he was in possession of the ball on the right, he did a little feint to beat his man, crossed in a glorious ball which Dayo leaped into the air and headed firmly into the net to score his second of the day, that goal was pretty cool as it's not often we actually cross balls into the box and then score from them so that was a scene seldom seen

Right after that goal came a comedy of errors where following a throw in or corner of some sort, this guy should have cleared the ball, didn't so the opposition touched it but it went the other way and the defender kicked it out, ricochet of ten billion people or something along those lines and then bounced off our player for an own goal

So here we were in the exact same situation as last time face 2-2 and the match approaching extra time when I think Johnny Neal kicked the ball in the air what in landed in the opposition area...and as if letting the ball bounce in their own area wasn't bad enough the goalkeeper somehow missed catching the ball in the air and let it bounce over him...at least that's how I think it happened, it was such a blur really, what I do know is that Matt would have never let that happen.

Dayo happened to just be lurking in that area at the time tapped in the easiest goal ever to secure his hat-trick...Did you know that the Samba Magician has never scored a hat-trick in a proper match which vexes me greatly but I'm hoping to rectify that next season so watch this space

All in all I greatly enjoyed that match even though the tackles on me were a bit extreme but it meant I was doing something right if they had to resort to that, only annoyance is that with all the crunching tackles they were committing, I got booked myself for persistent fouling but hey at least it's better than dissent. It felt good though us going there and we just as we just eviscerated them...I just wanted to use that word eviscerate just because as of late people have been misusing that word, well maybe not misusing it but it definitely doesn't mean what they think it means. It's also like literally what with how most people I know like to misuse the literally and believe me it happens...a lot.

But anyway I'm not here to give you an English lesson, I'm here to tell you that, I am the Samba Magician...accept no substitutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment