Tuesday 18 May 2010

If I’m honest, I don’t really like any of the starters

So many things to do, books to read, questions to answer, songs to listen to, dreams to remember and all that that I can’t help feel a little bit overwhelmed at times because as I surf the net and read up up on new books or interesting ones I think “I want to read that” or even when I look up video games I get so excited about it. As I missed about a week worth of news, articles and other things on the sites I frequent I was excited when I heard of all sorts of stuff especially the Pokémon Black and White starters being revealed and it got me excited for more and I cannot wait for the release of this game. The excitement for Pokémon Black and White reminded me that I needed to buy myself a Nintendo DS and play or in some cases replay some of the many games that I would be interested in that are available on this handheld. Not just that but there are so many good games that I wish to play on the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii (I don’t own a Playstation 3 unfortunately).

Now I probably could and then just go into extreme focus mode and put my all into playing the video games which annoys a few people how I can do that but in turn it annoys me how they can be annoyed about how I like to do play video games. It is no different to watching TV or whatever else it is that others do. As I’ve been told before, I can be up until 3am playing a game but really how is this any different to watching a film on whatever until then.

Maybe what they were trying to imply is that it is an unreasonable hour to be up but then again, if I have no plans for the next day then I see why I cannot do this. If I’m going to get up 11am then sleeping at the times I do sounds about right anyway for the all the sleep I need.

Anyway what I have been thinking about is how the type of games I like differs to many of my friends including Lee. While this by itself doesn’t bother me a bit, the fact that many people are obsessed with Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Fifa and the “mainstream” games, I get the sort of look that says “you’re weird and you play crap games” and they do not share my excitement for the games I’m into. Sure there are a fanbase for the types of games I like but it’s just not the same when your close friends aren’t really interest in starting a conversation about Final Fantasy, Pokémon or Street Fighter and even if they do they can only really talk about the one that everyone has played and/or is out of date, yes Pokémon Red was good, yes Charizard was your favourite, yes you didn’t play the other ones and all that but really, rather than discard the newer versions or the less known versions so carelessly, just…I don’t know…Oh well I can’t make them interested in something they are not interested in, but I really wish they’d just accept that the tastes I have in games doesn’t necessarily equate to Modern Warfare 2, Gears Of War 2 and the latest Fifa iteration.

No comments:

Post a Comment