Sunday 2 May 2010

April 2010 roundup

So I entered April with a new perception…of course the perception just happened to be sound as I received new hearing aids to make up for my old ones that were starting to fail hard what with all the whistling and brokenness. The ideology with the new hearing aids were good as voices shall be heard, opinions shall be listened to and the emotions in the voices shall be received but after a while it becomes stale and uninspired. People just moaning about the same things, complaining about things that they do not know the full story and yet they do so just to feel a part of it and involved, oh the ridiculousness of it all…oh
the…something…thingie…yeah I kinda lost steam and forgot where I was going with this.

Anyway…Not only did I start the month with new aids but I started it with a new reoccurrence of an old injury, yep, the knee. As I sat in that changing room feeling a little aggrieved about the performance of the referee of that match I felt a familiar twinge in my knee and knew exactly what it meant…It meant that I would miss the cup matches or at least not be in optimum condition for it and probably take the rest of the season to get back into fitness. It really was such a disappointing end to the season that I’m thinking about staying on for one last season like I explained in my last post. I guess another thing I’m disappointed in is that it wasn’t even during the match it happened. Oh no, it wasn’t during a last ditch slide tackle or a goal bound shot that I suddenly got injured but while I was sitting down. Oh dear indeed.

Anyway something always seems to happen when I go round to visit Lee’s place and this time it was no different but at least I got to watch the first episode of the new series of Dr. Who with Matt Smith as the doctor taking over from David Tennant and I’m getting into his portrayal of the Doctor and the episodes I’ve seen haven’t been too bad either, except well the World War II Dalek episode as that for me wasn’t all that and the Weeping Angels 2 parter wasn’t as good as Blink but I still enjoyed it.

I finished reading several books and lot of those books were Discworld books and I’ve just been in a sort of Discworld sort of mood, which has caused to me to read Going Postal (looking forward to the TV adaptation at the end of May on Sky 1), The Truth, The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic all in this month. Not only that but I received some others in the post and borrowed many more from the library which I hope to read during May. Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets and Brigands M.C were the two other books which I read this month and to be honest I’m quite happy with that.

I also got to watching quite a few DVDs from Lovefilm such as Death Note, .hack//sign, Witchblade, Speed Grapher, Tokyo Underground, True Blood and Sailor Moon. With the exception of .hack//sign and Sailor Moon, I liked all of them and will be getting the next set in the series so I can continue with the series.

Finally the best part of the month would have been getting to spend an entire week with my soulmate and doing things with her. Whether it was lying around doing nothing, her trying to hide from my camera as I record her or walking around Swindon trying to find our way to the train station, I had a great time and it just felt right being next to you, so to conclude this post I just want to say…

I love you Emily XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment