Sunday 23 May 2010

Dream Journal: Part 3

It must be summer if my dreams are taking on the weirdness that I come to associate with it and all. Plus the fact that I get up ridiculously earlier than I would do if it was winter…hey 7:25am may not seem early or ridiculous to some but to me…furr-get about it.

It’s amazing how dreams are reality while you’re in the dream regardless of how far fetched the events in your dream might be, as far as I’m concerned the moment I understand it’s a dream is the moment I wake up. I might be able to fully manipulate events during the last few seconds of my dreams when I’m aware that I can do that because it’s my dream but stronger is the sense to wake up about that time so I never truly get the chance to really exploit it.

Today was another of those weird dreams, I mean weirder than usual in the sense that it felt…different in a way but still one of my weird dreams/memories.

Chapter I- At home

Well it started at home aaaaand that’s all I can remember. That part of the dream I can’t seem to remember all that well actually other than it was at home. I could probably tell when-abouts the dream memory took place but now I’m doubting whether that part of the dream even happened but I assume it’s just my brain trying to forget it in an attempt for me not to confuse reality with dreams.

Chapter II- Oh The Horror!

Back to a familiar setting in that it’s my primary school where the next part of my dream takes place and I’m in the little area just off the side of the unit where a solitary tree is planted and I’m hiding from something, what I’m hiding from I don’t know but I just know that I’m hiding. I peer around the corner and I see Elliott come towards me and that’s when the games begin.

I say games but it was pretty scary at the time that it felt real but I think my mind operates that way. In reality when I’m immersed into a film, game, book or so on, my brain gets so immersed that things become…real and I become extremely into whatever it is that I am immersed into. Real life in comparison just isn’t that exciting and qui- wait a minute, this is supposed to be going in another post, I’m going of track here…anyway, things get a bit more intense when a reddish, alien, metallic energy sphere (which is the best way to describe what was hunting us in the dream) enters the fray and starts to gravitate towards the three people that are in the empty playground (both the infant and the junior sections). With no explanation of the rules and thrust into a setting that we didn’t really understand, the other two people who happened to be in unlucky starting positions and did what came naturally and that was to panic. Quite understandable, they then ran from the approaching energy sphere, one person in one direction and the other in the opposite direction, it was a pretty big playground but as one knows who has ever played a game of tag hide ‘n’ seek or whatever it’s called…you know…the one where you have to run to a base and avoid the person who is ‘It’ (I loved that game). Anyone who has played that before knows that when you are being closed down by someone intent on tagging (or in the case of the dream capturing) you, despite there being a lot of space, things don’t always work out. The second person ran around a wall and through a gap while the energy sphere moved at a steady but deliberate pace towards them while myself and the other person watched and waited for the person running trough the gap to emerge from the other side but nothing…It was then the rules of the ‘game’ became clear to us…well at least to me it did and that was that as long as you are being watched by at least one other or that you could be seen by at least another then the energy sphere cannot kill you. It sounded like a similar concept to the Weeping Angels of Doctor Who but that’s the way it was, as a new player proceeded to enter the game the stakes got higher as while it may have not have been able to kill you while others were watching, it certainly could hold you and we hadn’t quite figured out how to release someone from its grip.

The next thing I know is I’m being cornered by it and it’s predicting my every moment so escape is impossible and while it has a hold on me I see the other two (one of which was Rogue from the X-Men) run off where I’ll lose sight of them and vice versa I can only think “Damn it” as the last thing I see before the energy sphere kills me is red.

Chapter III- The Leader

The transition is a smooth one and I’m now in the playground with more people some of which are friends but for some reason we believe that we are stuck on a desert island and extremely disorganised so I become a bit of a leader in order to get things organised and to guide them to wherever it is we are headed to. After much discussion about delegating tasks and responsibilities oddly reminiscent of my time at Outwards Bounds at Mary Hare but here I am being charismatic and diffusing potentially heated situations and doing just what leaders do. Why I don’t do that nowadays I think is because in a way I don’t need to be, I can be whatever the situation requires me to be. Maybe I should save that for another post but yeah not much happens but it’s a great feeling being in this position and keeping things moving in a way but then the next part of the dream requires me to go inside the building…

Chapter IV- Burn Baby Burn

Now I’m inside a room, quite messy and tipsy as if someone was searching for something in the room and couldn’t find what it anywhere. So while I’m inside it for reasons unknown to me other than than it felt like I should be there (as is the way with nearly all my dreams) when two shady characters appear out of nowhere and we discuss for a bit. What we were discussing I have no clue about (though I do remember dental floss being involved in it) but it is times like this that I wish that there were some way of recording your dreams to watch later but all I remember is that the result of the conversation was me setting the building on fire, very intentionally and running, running as far as I can…then I wake up on a hot summers morning and continue on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment