Tuesday 6 April 2010

Party. Hard.

So I reach another entry in this blog and to be honest I never thought I’d lasted this long as I half expected to just finish with it. Well I did want some sort of schedule but knowing me I’d never stick to it at all so I update it as frequently as I can.

So my knee has swelled up due to an old injury of sorts which I probably should see the doctor about but from past experience and from what I know, they’ll just fob me off with painkillers and tell me to get plenty of rest which does nothing for preventing it in the future.

I was invited to a house party of sorts and to be honest I will never want to go to parties of these sorts especially as I find them to be quite the draining affair. I’d much rather be happier doing things that I enjoy doing rather than going to a place I wouldn’t really want to be. Sure that makes sense right? But it annoys me when I have to justify why I don’t want to go to parties and all that. I shouldn’t have to, if I don’t want to go it’s simply because I don’t want to go and I have better things to do. It annoys me that it most of my friends are non stop party goers and when they want me to go they don’t like to take no for an answer.

What I find even more irritating is that they see it as something weird that I don’t do parties and events and even use the fact that most others go so I must be weird but the thing is numbers prove nothing, three hundred people could argue against one person that rain falls up but they’d still be wrong regardless of the fact that more people are arguing that fact.

I’d much rather read a book or play a video game than go to a party and talk to people that have very little in common with me, make illogical statements and whatnot. This is not me looking down on them, far from it, we just have different interests so why should I have to go somewhere where nobody will be interested in what I really want to talk about and likely I really am not interested in what they want to talk about.

Ok ok ok, but it’s a chance to catch up with people they exclaim but the truth is, I’m not that much interested in your lives, that’s just the way I am, I find the lives of humans…boring. I’m not really interested in what you are doing in university or whatever, I mean there isn't going to be a quiz on it later and it just bores me hearing about it. I refuse to be seen as the bad guy or whatnot here as it isn’t my fault nor is there something wrong with the fact that my brain just doesn’t find these sort of things interesting. It just doesn’t so yeah I’m not going to put myself through that if I can’t help it.

So I won’t really be attending parties and things like that which means I usually miss out of people’s birthdays because that’s how they like to celebrate it, with a party fuelled by alcohol and lots of it. My favourite kind (!).

No comments:

Post a Comment