Sunday 12 May 2013

Records are made to be broken

A hat trick was scored and it was ruthless, no mercy was given, it was the sort of hat trick that people could do nothing except for applaud. Oh yes, it was that good!

...Just a shame that the hat trick was scored by the other team...and to tell the truth I have no idea whether they actually scored 4 goals or 5 goals or whether someone else actually got their hat trick as well.

Yeah, we lost...badly

I also heard after the match that this was actually our worst ever defeat and boy were we setting records when they scored 15 goals past us with no response whatsoever.

But allow me to be cereal for a second... what was that? Do you honestly have no pride? Yes I fully expected us to lose from the start and yes David I know we’ve talked about this but this doesn't mean that I was going to just roll over and make it easy for them. But when you turn up to the pitch and you see we only had 10 players and nearly everyone else just fighting for themselves and some are just looking out for themselves it's hard to see anything but a loss.

Some of you really do need to take a look at yourselves and ask what can you do to better yourselves because giving up when you are losing 14-0, 2-0, 3-0, 100-0 is NOT the way to go.

Too many of you persist with the same mistakes over and over, too many of you do not do anything to fix those mistakes. With that being said what right do the same people have to comment on what others do? What right do you have to comment and negatively criticise those people for any mistake that they make.

I understand that some people just aren't good at dribbling and some people aren't fast, some people just aren’t great at passing and I understand that and I will never ever have a go at you if you mess up because of that, I will just merely encourage you to keep fighting just that little bit more, to run just that little bit further because just that tiny bit will make a huge difference not only for the team but for yourselves.

So just doing that tiny bit will indeed help you but there is only so much I can do for you. Next season though we may actually possibly have a weaker squad because some people I know are actually leaving and they’re actually just finishing with our team yet I'm going to stay, why is that? Simply because I want to help you to change your mentality because I want to make you better players and whether that means giving you advice or training with you I will help you anyway that I can because I am going to step up even more for next year.

But you need to give me something, you need to want it for yourself as well. At times I get abuse from my own teammates, like today I even got called thick and I couldn't help but laugh at that because their ignorance was clearly showing then because when you put me on a football pitch, thick is NOT a word that you would use to describe me.

I'm going to tell you what I'm going to do, we’ve got two more games, one next week against the same team hopefully we'll put in a better performance and then we’ve got one the week after which I won't be attending as that's when the MCM Expo is and then there is some 5 a side tournament on the 1st of June and I'll probably be attending that. That being said, what then? I talk to my co-workers about this and a lot of them say the same thing and it all make sense really, After all this is finished I'm going to take a two maybe three week break and then I'm getting back into training before preseason training starts so whether that's playing 5 a side with random people or whatever or simply going to the gym I'm going to do it.

Why? Because I want to be ready, simple as that. I look at myself now and I think I could probably lose a bit more weight. In school I was pretty skinny due to excess football but it made me faster and a heck of a lot more agile but after my knee injury I kind of put on more weight than I wanted and it just made things tougher for me, I’ve lost a fair bit of that but I could stand to lose a bit more but I noticed that I was a lot more stronger and I could hold people off easily than I could back in my school days but I want to get back to using my maximum speed and agileness but this isn't going to just happen just like that, this is something that I’m going to have to work hard for and I’m prepared for that so I'm going to lay off all that junk food, I’m going exercise more, I’m going to do more training, hopefully for preseason I'll be ready...no...I know I will be ready... the question is...... are you?

Ladies and gentlemen I am the Samba Magician, accept no substitutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment