Sunday 8 April 2012

Battling on

Okay now I vow to update this with a minimum of once a week as it's getting ridiculous how I don't stick to things and get bored of things and just forget about them but there's not really much I can do about that as that's just the way I am, I’m always pursuing new things when things get stale (though I am guilty of staying in my comfort zone far longer than I want to be)

Right now I'm on my way to a football tournament, a 7-a-side competition between Nike stores after playing a match yesterday (just how I like it) and I'm excited because I haven't had a chance to play 5,6,7 a side for a while simply due to shifts and availability but either way I'm going to do the best I can because I know that doing that will give our team the best chance we have of winning.

What do I think of my teammates? I really don't know as the only time I've ever played with some of them is the 5-a-s...4-a side tournament we had when we started and that wasn't really a good reflection of how good we are as it was not competitive at all (I wasn't wearing any gear for football) so this time we're playing to win and hopefully we finish in a position where we win or we feel like we should have won it (by that I mean in a position where if luck was on our side due to some fluke goal or hitting the woodwork we would have won).

But anyway back to the point of this entry was really to talk about giving up. Why do we...or rather I do that. I maybe think it's because of I get into a comfort zone where I'm content with things and I don't continue my training or whatever. Perhaps it's because I find new things to hold my interest as well. I was supposed to be using Rosetta Stone to learn the language I've always wanted to be fluent in but I find myself doing other time wasting activities such as watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, not that I regret that or anything as I said I needed to experience new things and here I am doing just that.

So I'm just going to try and get back into my tasks and goals seeing as I made April the month where I better myself and I like to think I am doing that but I can't just be satisfied with that as that brings the danger of getting complacent which is basically just the same as going backwards.

So plough on Jason, keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment