Saturday 30 July 2011

Life of a human

The human body, an amazing piece of work that we take for granted, whether we abuse it, look at it or whatever, we cannot deny that the body does so much for us and whenever I think about things I think we are helpless little creatures at the mercy of a lot of things. Natural elements, wear and tear, disease and just about everything and their dog are trying to kill off humans and yet the human race persists, amazing isn’t it? We manage to destroy ourselves in addition to everything else that’s trying to do the same.

While I could talk about a famous Mr Smith’s speech about how humans are like a virus but the truth is while yes we may have accelerated the destruction of this planet by however many years it is, I feel human can be and are an amazing specie.

No, what I was thinking was my knee when I went to shut a window and had to kneel on something, I couldn’t help but to think what happens when your body stops repairing itself? What happens when your lungs, your kidney or even your brain says “Nope, that’s it, I’m done, I’m out” and I think wow, maybe yes we are helpless little creatures.

Not only that but every time I think about space and this Earth and how vast out “there” is, you can’t help but think that you are sort of insignificant…but don’t take this to be depressing and miserable because mixed in with that feeling of insignificance is a equal and maybe more feeling of awe and amazement that there is just so much out there.

The possibilities as they say are truly endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment