Friday 3 December 2010

Really? Qatar?

So England will not be hosting the 2018 World Cup which may or may not be a surprise depending on how closely a person has been following the news and all the allegations of corruption by the British media and all.
Russia I suppose yeah, I think that’s a good choice as they’ve never hosted a World Cup before and will be interesting to see how it’s handled. Now I know it’s a World Cup so country from all parts of the world should get a chance to host it but I have to admit it came as a bit of a surprise to me that Qatar would be hosting it in 2022. Where to begin? Well for starters I would have gone to Australia if FIFA wanted to give it to somewhere that’s never hosted it before, but Qatar? Really? Ah well, I hope that they do a good job of hosting it as do Russia but you can’t help feel a bit annoyed at it all. Quite frankly I was not following the news of corruption and all this bidding process too closely but it does make me wonder why go through the whole process of wanting to take games around the world and to as many different countries in the first place and then string certain countries along with it. No doubt it will seem even more annoying when it found out how much was spent on this bidding process to then eventually feel that you never even had a chance in the first place.
I’ll stop there as this really isn’t something I should be following, my interest is playing the sport and watching the big events but it is cringe-worthy when you go onto Facebook and see all the comments being made on it and *shudders* No. Just no.
So I guess it’ll be some time (if ever) that I’ll witness a World Cup on my doorstep but there’s still the Olympics what with the traffic and price increases and the over crowdedness…Hmm maybe it’s better England didn’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment