Tuesday 7 December 2010

Earlier than expected

Update time, so I got this call today from the Royal Free Hospital and GOOD NEWS, there's actually an earlier slot I can take for my surgery which is actually tomorrow rather than next week but every day counts so I took that slot. I could be back earlier than I thought...huh, feels weird to know that I could soon be playing football again if it all goes to plan but I'm happy if it means I can. First I need to do the pre-op first which I'm on my way to as I type this and will have done already when this gets posted up.

Also I got Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy XIII for my Xbox and got rid of Pro Evolution Soccer as it was just bad, might get it later at a reduced price if I feel like it but we'll see. Played Tekken 6 for the first time last night and first impressions are...it's bloody impossible to read the text on a standard definition television so while I struggle to make heads or tails of the commands and that the gameplay is not bad, takes a fair bit of getting used to with the Xbox controller. Haven't really done much with it yet, just watched the opening movie for scenario campaign, completed arcade mode with Zafina and just been in practise mode a whole lot but I think I like it.

Sure it's different to previous editions in that all the characters a unlocked from the start which means I don't get the sense of excitement at unlocking someone new but I guess it does mean I can pick whoever I want to. Next up is FFXIII and I eagerly await the next chapter in this instalment and hope it's just as much fun to play and the story is just as gripping as the previous games in the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment