Tuesday 5 January 2010

While I'm still sane: Diary of Me


And so begins another project which you’ll put so much effort into until you get bored of it and move onto something else, it happens all the time, why should this be any different? I guess the challenge is seeing how long I can continue before deciding something else needs my attention.
I tried something like this earlier which I probably now have an excuse to dig out and continue with but it was a bit more personal and stuff. I’m in two minds about how personal I want this to get, on the one hand writing everything that you feel is exactly what you’ve wanted to do but the moment it goes online your thoughts and innermost desires become public property in a way for people will scrutinise it and judge you which...let’s face it, isn’t nice but it’s you and if you aren’t going to write how you feel then why bother. It’s not as if you are going to suddenly become famous for this and have a million followers especially when you’re just a nobody, you’ll be lucky to even get 10 followers so why do you bother putting it all online?

Simple answer, because it’s something I feel I have to do. I’m going to say this now, I’m not original other than the fact that it’s coming from my brain, I’m most likely am not going to stand out from the crowd especially when there is lots of others like this, I’m probably not going to be laugh out loud funny nor will you possibly find this an interesting read, I don’t know, you might do but I’m making no guarantees. I’m not going to suddenly change the world with my insights and musings or anything like so, I’m still trying to make sense of the world myself and I have so many things rattling around in my brain, so many thoughts that I thought it’d be good to get it down onto somewhere, so that if I ever come back to this in the future I can witness my own train of thoughts and marvel at the change (if any) of thinking from when I read this. It’s for that reason I’ve decided that this will get personal especially in the cases of people and events because I do not want to hold back anything; I want it all off my mind and off my chest, sure I might offend a few people if they ever were to read it and if this turns out to be anything like I imagined it in my head then there’s going to be a lot of moaning and whining but basically this isn't for you it's for me, if you like it and keep reading, good for you, if you don’t...well, don’t expect me to care.

How I wanted to do this had me thinking for days and days, what style of writing should I employ, what should I call my blog/online diary, what should I talk about and when, should I explain certain things when I decided to just go with the flow and see what happens, see what bits I like what bits I hate, what I could tweak and so on but I had to start somewhere. The problem with me has always been starting things, I like to consider myself as a locomotive, a slow starter but once it gets going it becomes hard to stop, I just keep going and going sometimes even spending a bit too long on this that it just goes on and becomes waffle to everyone that is not me but you know something. I wouldn’t change who I am for anything.

So how did I start this thing then? Simple, with a title, once I get that down, everything else will naturally come to me so...

“While I’m still sane: Diary of Me” or “Wisdom”. Yes I’m aware it’s two S’s but just the one looks better, I suppose I could call it “While I’m sane” but I felt the “still” had more impact and implied that I should have gone insane a long time ago which is certainly how I feel about things but anyway, I spend too long pondering things that I just know that someday I’m going to go crazy from it, so I felt this was a suitable title for my blog, in fact I actually really like the title of it.

So these are my thoughts and my pearls of wisdoms, I hope I do get to continue this longer than my other projects but if not, it was a good idea at the time.

And before I forget...I’d like to say thanks to Emily, now on with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment